Saturday, March 07, 2009

Sold the Mazda

After nearly 10 years and 91,000 miles I have sold the Mazda truck. The old Ford Ranger clone has moved on to a good home, taking some of Grizzy with it.

Once I had the opportunity to purchase a newer truck, with less mileage, more features and cleaner, the Mazda's days were numbered. I will buying a 97 Ford F150, shortbed extended cab truck from work with 126,000 miles. As I cleaned it out I realized that it was not in a bad shape as I thought it was but in light of the F150 10 years was long enough.

The good news it went to someone who needs it for the same sorts of duty's I have kept it around for. I mentioned at a CCSCC club meeting that I had "Junk" for sale. Someone needed something with a hitch to pull a jetski and haul tires etc around.

I had to take the sawzall to the jump starter connection bracket - the bolts were rusted. It did a clean job of removing the bracket without damaging the bumper. If I had not already removed the cables from the battery I would have just left it mounted and made a new one for the new Ford.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home