Sunday, April 04, 2010

My big old tool box


I unloaded my big tool box this morning. By big - I mean it was built on a pallet to fit in the bed of a PU truck. So now what to do with it?

I did find some missing tools - my glue gun, tap and die set, rotozip circle cutter.

It has a nice set of drawers that I am going to move to another tool cabinet in the garage. (see the last image) It is a little heavy to move without a forklift - it was built on a pallet to serve as a HD box to moved around with a forklift so I could store my tools at work (in the old days) before I had a garage.

About the only idea I have is to mount some pipe or 2/3's and use it as a canoe transport box. The problem is it was never really built to be water proof - it was built to get a little wet but not really for highway use in the rain. With some better hasps it would make a nice storage box for camping and canoeing.

Of course I just now need to figure out how to get it back into the truck - I pushed it out this time.





Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home