Monday, July 12, 2004

Air compressor now 220V

I rewired the compressor motor to run on 220V rather than 110V since at 220V it will start easier and draw less amps when starting & running. Before at 110V it would almost stall when approaching the turn off pressure or when restarting.

Of course I forgot to rewire the pressure switch, so after "trying to fix the switch" I bought a new one and then I noticed when wiring the new pressure switch - dolt - I had forgot to rewire the switch.

Now the compressor works great - starts fast and easily even under full load (90 to 100 psi).

I connected the automatic compressor drain to the pressure unloader line. The automatic drain releases any accumulated water from the pressure tank each time the air signal is interrupted. The only problem is that the plastic tubing doesn't holdup under the high heat generated by the compressor continues to burst in use. So I'll have to replace the plastic tubing with copper tubing - a pain but not a major problem.



At least I have the hose reel mounted now so once I get the new copper line run it will be good to run.

I was almost able to get the fan & water pump pulley blasted before the plastic tubing burst again.

Next is going to be to wire in the oven/stove for curing powercoating - in the basement shop not the garage - I just don't have enough space in the garage for an oven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home