Monday, July 19, 2004

Of Power and Powder

Now with the air compressor in good working order I can get to sandblast some parts for the engine compartment for powder coating. (I finally got a metal air line run to the automatic compressor drain it won't blow when running hard so I am ready to blast away.

Here are the results: 

 

I won't go into details but among the parts are:  the fan, brake booster bracket/choke cable block mount, battery hold down bracket, transmission mount, center carrier holder.  In the foreground is the exhaust/muffler bracket - the coating that reamins on it wasn't easy to get off - finally I gave up - if after 37 years the paint won't come off when sand blasting then it is good enough for another 30 years.   (It is just an exhaust hanger).

Now with clean parts and ready to powder coat, now I need to get the the oven wired in.  After much deliberation I had decided to place the oven in the basement rather than the garage due to space concerns in the garage.  I could always move it back to the garage at some later point.  The problem is I am out of space for new circuit in the main box so I needed to run another distribution box to make room for more circuits.  

The good news is that I wanted to add some outlets and a better overhead light in that room anyways and along the center wall.  So I had to remove the water heater breaker to the new box along with the oven.

So after that job was done I could finally get some parts painted (powder coated) - another week and $75+ in materials for the new distribution box I can now cook powder coat parts.

Maybe soon I'll start bolting things to inside the engine compartment...




 





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home