Saturday, March 15, 2014

Working on a powered bead roller

After searching on the internet I have found many have started with the HF or Eastwood bead roller as the starting point for building a power bead roller.  This is becasue the hand cranked version is hard to use and it still had some flex.



Side supports before welding



Some welds, I made 3 passes most times - got decent penetration 


Welding the 1/4 angle stock is to keep the two parts from moving back and froth.


The back side support -  using scrap steel as much as possible.

 
So I now need to mount the frame to the stand and the remount the shafts so I can place the pulley on the top and mount the low speed drill.  I figured it will have around a max speed of 50 to 60 rpm - might be too slow but I suspose I can always add a larger pulley to the drill.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home