Sunday, May 25, 2014

Why install a block heater?


Any guesses as to why I just installed a block heater in a car I am not going to drive in the winter?  




Because it was easier than pulling the engine to replace the freeze plug I lost last week.  Luckily if that can be said about a engine failure where a large hike appears in the side of the engine the freeze plug that popped was the freeze plug where the block heater goes.  

So while I had an old one in parts that cane with the ES a new one was easy to obtain with a fresh O ring so I put it in and refilled the antifreeze.  

No leaks, well the radiator cap has a small leak but importantly no leaks in the side of the engine.  The radiator cap can be reseated with vice grips to make it tight.  (This is the radiator cap that says "do not remove" not the pressure cap on the coolant tank)

 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home